Your business's website is an important part of how potential clients view your business.
If they are searching for your services and come across your website, it's the first impression that potential customers have of your business, and it's where they go to learn more about your products or services.
As such, it's critical that your website is up-to-date, secure, and functioning correctly.
This is where website maintenance comes in.
Website maintenance refers to the process of regularly checking and updating your website to ensure that it's running smoothly and effectively.
From updating plugins and software to fixing broken links and removing outdated content, website maintenance is essential to keep your website performing at its best and ensure your visitors are landing on the right pages, and not broken pages!
If you're not too technical and don't have the time, it's typical for developers and agencies to have a monthly plan for a website care plan.
At Hungry Ram, we provide affordable prices for website maintenance to our type of clients.
If you'd like to learn more, feel free to reach out to our team!
Platforms we think have the highest maintenance
It's worth noting that some website platforms require more maintenance than others.
This can be time-consuming and costly, especially for business owners who are not tech-savvy.
On the other hand, platforms like Jamstack require less maintenance because they're built using static files that don't require a backend database or server.
This means that they're more secure, scalable, and faster than traditional content management systems.
If you're not familiar with Jamstack, check out this blog article for 5 reasons why we think Jamstack dominates the web.
Why is website maintenance important?
There are several reasons why website maintenance is important for your business.
To start, regular website maintenance ensures that your website is functioning correctly.
Broken links, outdated software, and other issues can cause your website to malfunction, which can lead to a poor user experience for visitors.
This can negatively impact your business's reputation and lead to a loss of potential customers.
Website maintenance is important for security reasons.
As technology evolves, new security threats emerge, and websites that are not maintained are at a higher risk of being hacked or compromised.
A hacked website can cause significant damage to your business's reputation and result in lost revenue.
Another reason why website maintenance is important is for search engine optimization.
Search engines like Google favor websites that are regularly updated and maintained.
This means that regular website maintenance can improve your website's search engine ranking, which can lead to increased visibility and traffic to your site.
So what does website maintenance involve?
Website maintenance involves a range of tasks, including:
1. Updating software and plugins: It's essential to keep your website's software and plugins up-to-date to ensure that your website is functioning correctly and to reduce the risk of security vulnerabilities.
2. Checking for broken links: Broken links can negatively impact your website's user experience and search engine ranking. Regularly checking for broken links and fixing them can improve your website's performance.
3. Removing outdated content: Outdated content can confuse visitors and negatively impact your website's search engine ranking. Regularly removing outdated content can improve your website's user experience and search engine ranking.
4. Checking website speed: Website speed is critical for user experience and search engine optimization. Regularly checking your website's speed and optimizing it can improve your website's performance.
5. Backing up your website: Regularly backing up your website is essential in case of a website crash or security breach. Backing up your website ensures that you can quickly restore your website in case of an emergency.
How to do website maintenance the right way
While website maintenance may seem daunting, it's essential to ensure that your website is functioning correctly and delivering a positive user experience.
Here are some tips for doing website maintenance right:
1. Develop a website maintenance schedule: Set a regular schedule for website maintenance tasks to ensure that nothing gets overlooked.
2. Use website maintenance tools: There are several website maintenance tools available that can help you automate some of the tasks, such as checking for broken links or backing up your website.
3. Hire a professional: If you don't have the time or expertise to maintain your website, consider hiring a professional web developer or agency to take care of it for you.
4. Stay informed: Keep up-to-date with the latest website maintenance best practices and security threats to ensure that your website is always up-to-date and secure.
The team at Hungry Ram ensures all our websites are kept up-to-date with the latest software updates and latest web technologies.
While every maintenance is different based on where your website is built, sometimes there isn't much maintenance needed.
If you're unsure how much maintenance you really need, we recommend talking with the developer who originally built your website
Want to talk to us? Get in touch today.
Website maintenance is essential for your business's online presence.
Regular website maintenance ensures that your website is functioning correctly, secure, and delivering a positive user experience.
By following the tips above and investing in website maintenance, you can ensure that your website is always safe for your visitors to learn more about your business.